How I Used Facebook Ads to Increase My Entries to James Altucher’s Ulitmate Book Giveaway of 2017
A month ago, I saw James Altucher’s Free Book Giveaway. I signed up because I wanted to win 20 books worth $450.00
Since this the free book giveaway is a sweepstakes, I needed to have more entries so I could increase my chances of winning. I am not sure if my friends won’t be able to help me get enough entries for the contest.
Suddenly, I remembered: I can use Facebook Ads for this!
So I did the following:
- I created a short blog post around the giveaway. I published it on my website.
- I created a Bit.ly link for my unique URL link for the book giveaway
- I worked on the visuals for the ads on Canva.
- For the Facebook ads, I targeted US and Canada since those countries are familiar with James Altucher and his works than in the Philippines. But I ran a campaign for Philippines for a few days.
- For the Facebook ad campaign interests, I chose those who know James Altucher and the other authors whose books he’s giving away, plus those who love contests, sweepstakes, and books.
More details on my Slideshare.
- I should have checked the country and age of my ads. I noticed that Canadians were the ones who clicked my ads more than the US. Given those data, I would have created a new ad set focusing on Canada only.
- In one of my campaigns, when I checked the age breakdown, I saw the those who clicked my ads more were the ages 25-34 and 45 to 54. Given those data, I would have focused on targeting those ages for my ads.
I still don’t know if I won the book giveaway. Nevertheless, this is another exceptional Facebook ads experience for me.[UPDATE] Here’s the reply from James Altucher’s Customer Service Support. Well, I never won. Sniff sniff. Anyway, one of my clients said I gained experience. That’s what matters most.