a
a

I learned about Interests Targeting when I took the Digital Marketing.com course on Leveraging FB Native Ad Platform to Drive Massive, Targeted Traffic to your Native Content.

Previously, I chose the different activities, hobbies, fitness, and the like by clicking Browse. This time, I worked with Facebook’s Graph Search.

 

va202_2nd_run_ng_ads_revised_audience

 

I asked the help of Facebook Graph Search this time.

I asked the help of Facebook Graph Search this time.

 

For this new ad under a new ads set, I targeted people who liked Jomar Hilario.  I opened a separate window for my personal Facebook account and I typed “pages liked by people who like Jomar Hilario” on the Facebook Graph Search. These were the results:

 

Here's the result of the Facebook Graph Search.

Here’s the result of the Facebook Graph Search.

 

Then, I went back to the Power Editor window, where I was working on the Interests part of the Audience. I clicked Suggestions, then typed the names of the Facebook Pages that I saw.

va202_fb_ad_1_scaling_audience_2

 

As I typed the Facebook Page names, I checked the potential reach of my ad. Potential reach should only be from 500,000 to 1 million. So I had to let go of some Facebook Pages with a lot of Likes because my potential reach would go over 1 million.

 

Here's the final Facebook Page names that I worked on in the Interests Targeting.

Here’s the final Facebook Page names that I worked on in the Interests Targeting.

 

After working on the Interests Target, I got the final Facebook Pages names with a total of  700,000 potential reach. Not bad!

Then, I just chose “parents” in the Demographics. I tried choosing other demographic data but they brought my potential reach down of up to 30,000.

 

va202_fb_ad_1_demographics va202_fb_ad_1_demographics_2

 

A look on my potential audience for this new ad.

A look on my potential audience for this new ad.

 

Now that I’m done with the Audience part of the ad, I created a new Facebook pixel that I will paste on the thank you page that I did in Tumblr.

 

I chose this because I am testing for oCPM.

I chose this because I am testing for oCPM.

va202_fb_ad_1_pixel_1

va202_fb_ad_1_pixel_2

 

The new pixel is now in the thank you page.

The new pixel is now in the thank you page.

 

I had to wait until the next day to finish the ad because I saw this notice from Facebook. I found out the next day that the Facebook pixel is working. Maybe it took a while for Facebook to check that the pixel is fine.

 

va202_fb_ad_1_unverified

 

va202_fb_ad_1_error

 

Then, I uploaded the changes to Power Editor. A few minutes later, my ad went from pending review to approved.

 

va202_fb_ad_1_upload_confirmation va202_fb_ad_1_upload_preview va202_fb_ad_1_uploading

 

From pending review...

From pending review…

 

... to approved!

… to approved!

 

va202_fb_ad_1_approved_2

 

Waiting time begins anew!